Sunday, December 13, 2009

Catching up...

Hello dear reader, welcome back. Lots of catching up to do. A recommendation if you wanna get the full effect: begin at the end. That is, start in November (link to the right) and go chronologically. Ok. My pants are wet but my notes are dry. Let's do this. 

Thursday, Nov 5
Today I walked my neighborhood. My apt is off of 30th Ave in Astoria, Queens. 30th is a main vein in Astoria so that's nice. I live on the quiet end, near 49th st. Walked the neighborhood, down 30th to Steinway, Steinway to Broadway. Shops. It's neat. A mix of delis, liquor stores and giant Victoria's Secretses. A week from now I will walk with ease, but today I am a little tense. Unsure of my neighborhood. I find an Internet cafe before I even take my phone out of my pocket. It's a good neighborhood.

Went grocery shopping for the first time at the local Trade Faire, a pretty typical market right on my corner. Went out for a beer at Blackbird's, a local pub / bar with nice low light. The late night menu gives you a free pint with your food order. A chicken wrap, delicious fries and a Guinness. Not a bad first night.

No comments:

Post a Comment